Galaxy Quest appreciation post~
Hypercube is an art installation in which the viewer is immersed in an audiovisual environment. The cube-shaped space of the Hypercube -surrounded by mirrors and dynamic lightlines- guarantees a stunning multi-sensory experience. Infinite reflections, lack of spatial reference, intense focus, disorientation and a distorted sense of time and space are key. Hypercube gives its own definition of how space can be experienced and adds a new dimension to one of the most cultivated building blocks known to mankind: the Cube.
Pattern! Color! A wall of succulents? Yes, please.
The Rookery. Burnham and Root. Completed in 1888.
Frank Lloyd Wright redesigned the skylit lobby in 1905.
Some of those still sound like science fiction.
- A cyborg competes against able-bodied athletes at the Olympics.
- NASA starts to work on a faster-than-light warp drive.
- Scientists enhance the intelligence of primates with a chip.
- Researchers create a robot with legs that can run faster than any human.
- The first successful commercial cargo delivery to space goes off without a hitch.
- Doctors communicate with a man in a coma.
- Self-driving cars become legal in several states.
Painted Truck Optical Illusions on 123 Inspiration. These trucks include an advertisement for a Kit-Kat bar of a man following the slogan “Have a break, Have a Kit-Kat,” an advertisement for FedEx of UPS trucks stuffed inside the large FedEx truck, and finally a large “Truck Sized” Mars bar.
Four Eyes House designed by Edward Ogosta Architecture.