The Rookery. Burnham and Root. Completed in 1888.
Frank Lloyd Wright redesigned the skylit lobby in 1905.
Some of those still sound like science fiction.
- A cyborg competes against able-bodied athletes at the Olympics.
- NASA starts to work on a faster-than-light warp drive.
- Scientists enhance the intelligence of primates with a chip.
- Researchers create a robot with legs that can run faster than any human.
- The first successful commercial cargo delivery to space goes off without a hitch.
- Doctors communicate with a man in a coma.
- Self-driving cars become legal in several states.
Painted Truck Optical Illusions on 123 Inspiration. These trucks include an advertisement for a Kit-Kat bar of a man following the slogan “Have a break, Have a Kit-Kat,” an advertisement for FedEx of UPS trucks stuffed inside the large FedEx truck, and finally a large “Truck Sized” Mars bar.
Four Eyes House designed by Edward Ogosta Architecture.
Ballybunion Castle, Ireland
Zig-zagging pathways lead to viewing platforms perched high in the Norwegian mountains in this visitor facility designed by Reiulf Ramstad Architects
The man-made mechanical forest, five years in the making, consists of 18 supertrees that act as vertical gardens, generating solar power, acting as air venting ducts for nearby conservatories, and collecting rainwater. To generate electricity, 11 of the trees are fitted with solar photovoltaic systems that provide lighting and assist with water flow in the conservatories below.